Arkadiusz Michalak about the necessity
of changes in copyright law
(Sygnaly Dnia/Jedynka - Polish Radio)
Dr Arkadiusz Michalak
- Doctor of Law of the Jagiellonian University Law School in Cracow (2005)
- Master of Laws of the Jagiellonian University Law School in Cracow (2002)
- Patent and trade mark attorney
- European Trademark and Design Attorney
Post-graduate studiesPostgraduate studies in industrial property law at the Warsaw University, 2006-2007
Foreign law schools
- EU Competition Law Summer School, Cambridge, August 2012
- Philip Morris International Law University, Florencce, 2005
- School of American Law in cooperation with Columbia University & Amsterdam Law School, Amsterdam, 2001
- Columbus Law School of American Law, Cracow, 2001-2002
- Synthos S.A. (Legal Director), Synthos S.A. is one of the major chemical company in Poland which is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- Sołtysiński, Kawecki & Szlęzak law firm
- Philip Morris Polska S.A. (Legal Department)
SpecializationIntellectual property law and commercial law, including international contracts and investments.
Academic awards and distinctions
- Finalist of the Primus in Primis contest for the best law student, organized in 2002 by the company Andersen, law office of Domański, Zakrzewski, Palinka and ELSA Poland.
- Scholarship of the St. Estreicher’s Foundation, awarded to the best students of individual faculties by His Magnificence, President of the Jagiellonian University
- 1st place in the Local Mootcourt Competition at the Jagiellonian University Faculty of Law and Administration in 2000
- 2nd place in the National Mootcourt Competition in Poznań in 2000
- Award of the Jagiellonian University Faculty of Law Council for the publication of a handbook entitled “The History of Court Law” in 2000
- Distinction awarded by Allen & Overy law office in the form of internship at that company for the essay written in English, entitled ”The most significant changes to be made to the Polish legal system as a consequence of the European Union membership.” in the national contest “Verba legis” organized by ELSA Poland and Allen & Overy.